We wanted to create a website dedicated to sharing entrepreneurial wisdom and resources to the undergraduate and graduate business student population at Cornell by sharing stories, written by students who are either practicing or want to be entrepreneurs or have a passion for entrepreneurship but are risk intolerant, through blogging and networking through social media.
Award-winning innovator and teacher, Dr. Deborah Streeter
Deborah Streeter is the Bruce F. Failing, Sr. Professor of Personal Enterprise and Small Business
Entrepreneurship and small business management are the focus of Dr. Streeter’s teachings, research, and outreach activities. She specializes in teaching business planning, small business management, gender and leadership and entrepreneurial leadership. Her research interests include: models of entrepreneurship education, the role of entrepreneurship and small business in economic development, the impact of business training on firm sustainability, and commercialization of university technology.
She has received the following awards:
- 2007: Olympus Innovative Educator Award
- 2003: Outstanding Educator for having influenced a Merrill Presidential Scholar
- 2002: Professor of Merit (awarded by students)
- 2001: USDA National Food and Agricultural Sciences Excellence in College and University Teaching
- 2000: Stephen H. Weiss Presidential Fellow (highest teaching honor at Cornell)
- 2000: SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 1999: CALS Innovative Teacher Award
- 1999: Outstanding Educator for having influenced a Merrill Presidential Scholar
- 1996: Outstanding Educator for having influenced a Merrill Presidential Scholar
- 1994: Young Faculty Teaching Excellence Award