AEM 1210 – Entrepreneurship Speaker Series – Perez

Comments from Professor Perez:

In what way is the course valuable to entrepreneurial students?

The following student quotes tell how AEM1210 is valuable to students interested in entrepreneurship:

“The speaker series was a fantastic opportunity to hear from a variety of entrepreneurs who have made it in the real world. Perez did not really need to do anything but sit back and let them talk, but it was a great class and I recommend it. This course is a very good introductory course to Entrepreneurship. I think this class should keep having guest speakers come back and present their experiences with the audience.” 

“The guest lecturers in class were a great way to learn about what happens outside of school and provided great advice to potential entrepreneurs.” 

“Great course! Very interesting to hear about Cornell alums paths/business ideas/endeavors. Sparked an interest in starting my own company. I like that you are able to just sit back and take in the information without too much stress on viewpoints and papers or tests.”

“Overall, this course was really well put together, from what I could tell. Though, not every lecture was completely captivating, most of them were and most of them taught me a great deal more about myself and my interests as well as various paths I could pursue on my journey to becoming an entrepreneur. So, in that case, I would recommend the class to my peers.”

What kind of students should/should not take this course?

The course takes place on Monday evenings. Depending on a students’ set of responsibilities and activities, this could be a significant advantage or disadvantage. Attendance is required and expected. Students with heavy athletic or interviewing loads may want to make sure that they can juggle their various responsibilities as to attend lecture.

What are the challenges associated with taking this course?

In AEM1210 students are given the opportunity to listen to a panoply of successful visiting entrepreneurs, and to reflect on their presentations through both weekly end of lecture assignments and an end of semester essay. In addition, students are expected to read two or three trade books about the entrepreneurial attitude and behavior. The course is open to all and designed to be useful and accessible to all Cornell students.

http://courses.cornell.edu/preview_course_nopop.php?catoid=12&coid=88149