WAVES for Development Chapter Starting at Cornell
WAVES for Development- New Project Team Recruiting for Spring 2013
WAVES for Development (http://www.wavesfordevelopment.org/) is a microfinance organization that gives back to the Peruvian Community. Built on Surf Tourism, WAVES has expanded into sustainability and ecology restoration. Looking to establish a chapter on Cornell University’s campus, Danny Metcalf and Larry Slaughter, student founders, are looking to recruit individuals from various backgrounds who have a passion and interest in sustainability, philanthropy, and entrepreneurship to become members of WAVES and continue to pursue it’s mission in years to come.
In the Spring 2013 semester, the WAVES team will be specifically focusing on designing an eco friendly “Surf Center” in Lobitos, Peru. Our team will be responsible for designing the:
· Architecture, ventilation, off grid solar power.
· Perform energy audit on the three WAVES buildings in Peru.
· Quantify solar potential in the Town of Lobitos, Peru for future Cornell projects.
Participating in WAVES for Development is a unique opportunity; one not only has the chance to gain experience through the design of the Surf Center buildings, but also has the opportunity to:
· Develop a new organization on campus, holding important leadership positions
· Gain experience writing grants and conducting fundraising opportunities
· Chance to travel to Peru to implement the team’s design
If this sounds like something that excites you, please do not hesitate to contact Daniel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Larry (email@example.com) for more information or to meet to discuss joining the team! Having a faculty advisor, the potential to earn credit through participation is possible! Our team is fully funded by the WAVES for Development organization and we are thrilled to bring this opportunity to Cornellians and allow them to make it their own.
The WAVES team