NY Business Plan Competition Opens Up Regional Competitions
Over $225K in prizes up for grabs!
The College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE) of the University at Albany, UAlbany’s School of Business, and Syracuse University will host the fourth annual New York Business Plan Competition (NYBPC) finals in April 2013.
For the first time since its inception in 2009, the 2013 NYBPC will feature regional competitions in New York’s 10 Regional Economic Development Council zones. Regional partner colleges and universities (one per region) will host semi-final competitions in their regions in early April 2013. Cornell University, through the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Institute, will be hosting the Southern Tier regional semi-final on April 5, 2013. Up to thirty teams in each region, including Southern Tier, will be selected to pitch in the 10 regional semi-final rounds.
The top teams, two from each of the six categories below, from each of the 10 regions, will then be invited to the final round of the statewide competition, where they will go head-to-head for the grandprize at CNSE’s Albany Nanotech Complex on April 26, 2013.
Some key information is below for the NYBPC:
• There are over $225K in prizes up for grabs!
• The Southern Tier Regional Semi-Final will be on April 5, 2013 at Cornell Univeristy. The final will be on April 26, 2013 in Albany, NY.
• Only current undergraduate or graduate students are able to participate. Teams must have a faculty advisor.
• Ventures should fall into one of the following categories: (1) Biotechnology / Healthcare, (2) Energy / Sustainability, (3)Information Technology / Software, (4) Nanotechnology / Advanced Technology, (5) Products / Services, and (6) Social Entrepreneurship / Non-Profit.
• All interested teams should go to www.nybplan.com, complete the application, and submit it as directed by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, March 1, 2013.