Startupbook.co – Brendan Doyle ’12
Cornellian On Board:
Brendan Doyle ’12 B.A. Economics and Philosphy.
We curate the most relevant startup news and advice from top publications and blogs of the most prominent VCs. Our mission is to develop one central platform where both new and experienced entrepreneurs can get all their startup news. We are frequently read and referenced by top entrepreneurs and investors from over 122 countries.
Number of Employees:
Recruiting – Yes – If you enjoy writing, and are curious about business, technology and the role of entrepreneurs in all aspects of the economy, we’d love to have you join the StartupBook team as a contributor.
– Write at least 1-3 articles/week, as assigned by editors.
– Brainstorm article ideas for our network of writers and help form long-term editorial vision
– Spark meaningful discussion among tech leaders, entrepreneurs, journalists and millennials
– Editing or writing experience at a college newspaper or online media publication
– Deep attention to detail and passion for raising StartupBook’s quality
– A distinctive writing style and an ability to inspire
What you will learn:
– How to build & grow a high-quality new media platform
– Deep understanding of business, technology and culture journalism
– SEO, analytics tools, and new media (writing, editing, and promoting work for the social web)
– Deep social media skills (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Google+)
– Networking with entrepreneurs and investors
Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com, and let us know (in less than 200 words) why we should take you on!