Applications for 3 Day Startup are now open!
Here are some details:
- The event takes place on November 15-17 during the entire weekend. Applications are open until October 18th
- Go to http://cornell.3daystartup.
org/apply which will direct you to the application. You will need to login with a Facebook or LinkedIn account in order to apply (unfortunately the site only uses those two as methods of applying)
- After applying, the next step in the application process is an interview prior being accepted.
- You can apply as an individual or as a team. If you apply as a team, it’s assumed that you have a company in some stage of development at this point (teams from the Entrepreneurship & Business Ownership class or preparing for eLab are good examples of this). If you apply as an individual, you’ll either join a team with an already existing idea or work in a group to develop a new one during the weekend.
- In addition to the 3DS weekend itself, there will be several “Bootcamp” events the two weeks prior. These events will include talks from past participants and/or experienced entrepreneurs about important business & technical issues pertinent to developing a startup during 3DS. While they are not required, they are short meetings and will be a fun way to get engaged prior to the weekend.
- More information can be found at the event’s website http://cornell.
3daystartup.org/ or http:// facebook.com/ 3DayStartupCornell
- If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org), thanks!
3DS Organization Team: Gizem Sakalli, Ben Russo, Amol Patnaik, Dylan Yang, Sidharth Shekhar, Matt Tomlinson
What is 3 Day Startup?The idea of 3 Day Startup is simple: start a technology company over the course of three days. We rent work space for an entire weekend, recruit 40 students with a wide range of backgrounds, cater food and drinks, invite top-notch entrepreneurs and investors, pick the best idea for a software startup during the Friday brainstorming session, and release a minimal prototype by Sunday night. The goal is to build enough momentum among a network of motivated people to sustain the company beyond the weekend.
Passionate students with an entrepreneurial drive, including Computer Science (PhD, MS, undergraduate), MBAs, law students, graphic designers, PR, business undergraduates, etc. We found strong candidates that fill the following roles:
- Software Engineer
- Business (Finance, Marketing, Biz Dev)
- Graphic Design (Web, Print)
- Advertising, PR
- Other: Wildcards, Raw Passion
November 15-17, 2013
Cornell University, Ithaca NY
We know many people with great ideas, but they never pursue them for a variety of reasons: lack of time or money, no access to the right people, or not enough confidence to make the plunge. We provide all the resources for anyone to offer their idea and bring it to life with the help of 39 other highly skilled and motivated individuals.
We believe 3 Day Startup is a great way to get the community excited about entrepreneurship and to spend an intense weekend with creative people who want to actually bring an idea to life as opposed to sitting back and listening to YATAE (yet another talk about entrepreneurship). It’s also a social and business experiment to see how much a group of passionate people can accomplish over the course of 60 hours.
If you’d like to stay in touch and be notified of future events, please connect with us via our contact page.
Here’s a video giving some insight into what 3DS is all about: