As the final keynote speaker, Erica Nicole ended the Dyson Symposium on Women in Leadership with a bang. Her speech was focused around the concept of YOLO: You Only Live Once. As the CEO and founder of one of the fastest growing digital magazines for startups, YFS Magazine: Young, Fabulous & Self-Employed, Erica Nicole has a passion for serial entrepreneurship. Her dynamic keynote focused on attaining money, success and happiness.
Never underestimate your value.
- Women earn $0.77 to every $1 that men earn, but that is no excuse to accept a wage that does not meet your expectations.
- Your earnings are in your control; the world is not going to raise your price so do not undervalue yourself.
E3: Education, Earnings and Employment
- These three factors drive wealth creation.
- It is important to gain knowledge, and then learn how to apply your education to achieving your goals.
YOLO Money: 4 Ways to Get Unstuck
- Increase your personal financial literacy.
- Reinvest in yourself every day.
- Take bold (and calculated) financial risks — don’t hesitate to take a step back in order to take steps forward.
- Get comfortable with financial decision making.
The pursuit of happiness starts with authenticity—find your bliss.
- Happiness is achievable.
- Happiness is not a destination, it’s a means of travel.
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
YOLO Happiness: How to Live a Bliss Life
- Practice daily thankfulness, discover an attitude of gratitude.
- Get focused on what you want most out of life.
- Think thoughts that will lift you higher, no stinkin’ thinkin’!
- Surround yourself with cheerleaders and champions.
- You are the sum total of the 5 people you associate with.
Success is not a perfect diagonal line, it can get messy but just make sure that you’re heading in the right direction.
- Success requires a plan and endurances through the process.
YOLO Success: Onwards and Upwards
- Take the messy road (don’t be afraid to recalculate!) — live, learn, and become who you need to be .
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Life is a checkerboard and the player opposite you is time.
Missed the Dyson Symposium on Women in Leadership? Check out our livestream of Erica Nicole’s keynote here.