Brian Huggins ’15 Offers Student Perspective on Celebration 2015

2015-Celebration-Logo-long599

I had the pleasure of meeting Brian Huggins (AEM ’15) freshman year and was able to see him grow throughout these four years. I’ve only had class with him once in Professor BenDaniel‘s “Entrepreneurship and Private Equity” course. From one class, it was apparent that Brian is inquisitive and hardworking. When I saw him at Celebration 2015, I knew he’d be a fit for this highlight! 

See Brian’s comments below:

Please tell me a little about yourself and your entrepreneurial interests. Do you currently have a venture of your own?

BrianHugginsMy background is in healthcare. Before coming to Cornell, I had spent my summers working in several different departments at a local hospital. From there, I was pre-med until I began working for Cornell’s biotech incubator. In the past two years, I worked exclusively with life science companies, but I have been helping my friends’ companies. One is a beauty app and the other specializes in novel wood products.

How did you feel about this year’s Celebration?

This was my first time attending the Celebration and I really enjoyed it. Personally, I thought it was great to see just how much is going on at Cornell. I also enjoyed meeting alumni who had successfully launched their ventures.

What was your reason for attending? Did Celebration meet your expectations?

I did not plan on attending at first, but my Strategy professor, Michael Roach, reached out to me and offered me a student pass. With no idea of what to expect, I just decided to go out of curiosity and it was more than I could have imagined.

What was your favorite panel and takeaway?

My favorite panel was put on by the Hotel School and it was a panel of young alumni who had started companies. They shared the stories of how they had gotten their companies off the ground and the common thread was bravery. They saw an opportunity and went for it and had the support of the Cornell network.

Do you recommend other students to attend Celebration? Why or why not? 

I would recommend that all students attend the entrepreneurship events at Cornell, especially the Celebration. The event was an chance for me to learn about various industries from people making a difference. Even though I do not have a venture of my own, I still had a great experience.

For more information on the panels, visit here.