Lemon-aide Stands

Rock4sale

Paper-weights For Sale

As would-be entrepreneurs, all of us wonder at some point if we have the right stuff to start a business. Can we identify that first moment when our creative desire to start something emerged? For many, those “lemon-aide stands” that were started as kids mark the jumping off point of our entrepreneurial aspirations. Think back, did you try to start something as a kid that was different from what your friends were doing? Did you find a creative way to make money, or maybe found a new way to help those in need? Where has that first experience lead you today? 

Inc. Magazine did an article on 9 CEO’s Who Started Companies as Kids – first on the list is – Seth Goldman – who is in eClips. Check out the article and the story Seth tells in eClips (after you login, click the link again).  

From Our POPShop/PIHE Video Series

Wanting to know what makes some of Cornell’s student entrepreneurs tick, We asked the question – “what was your first entrepreneurial experience.” Click for  some of the answers. Look for more video from the series coming soon. 

Click picture to view video.

Jake Reisch
“I made bracelets
when I was
9 years old.”

Pearl
Samboosong

“I started a
personalized bag company
in middle school.”

Karim Abouelnaga
“I was a salesperson
from age 5.”

Lindsay
Boyajian

“My brother and
I bottled our
own cleaning fluid.”